Serves approximately 8 portions.
- 1 tbsp Orodeal Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 gloves of Spanish Garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and chopped, add a splash of lemon juice to stop them discolouring.
- 1 large celeriac, peeled and chopped
- 2 sprigs of lemon thyme
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 1 litre preferably homemade chicken or vegetable stock
- Salt & Pepper
Heat the Orodeal in a heavy-bottomed pan and add the onions, garlic and potatoes with a small pinch on Maldon Sea Salt. Cook over a low heat for about 10 minutes.
Add the apples and celeriac and a splash of water.
Cover and allow to sweat for about 15 minutes, checking every so often to make sure the mixture is not too dry and sticking to the pan. Add a splash of water if required.
Add the lemon thyme, bay leaves, stock and only a little pinch of Maldon Sea Salt and a few grinds of pepper. Bring to boil then simmer for 15 minutes.
Crumble and add the Roquefort Cheese. Save some for serving.
Allow the soup to cool.
Remove the sprigs of lemon thyme and blitz the mixture in a food processor or blender until smooth. Check the seasoning.
To serve reheat the soup until piping hot. Serve in bowls, crumble some Roquesfort on top, drizzle with Orodeal and a few parsley leaves.